Volunteering to serve as a mentor in the Mentoring365 Live program is an excellent opportunity for Earth and space science professionals of all career stages to give back to the community and play a vital role in nurturing the next generation of scientists. A mentor is dedicated to providing guidance and has knowledge and experience that will be useful to the mentee. Mentors can also sign up as mentees. Learn and lead at all points during your career!
Why Become a Mentor?
- Become a better leader
- Pay it forward by lifting up the next generation
- Expand your influence and community
- Gain a new perspective
Why Become a Mentee?
- Kickstart your career
- Develop new skills
- Expand your community and network
- Get advice and support from trusted professionals
- At least one 30-minute meeting during the conference and honor all commitments
- Mentees will review mentor profiles and request a mentorship meeting. Mentors can then review requests to connect with mentees.
- Mentors and mentees are expected to fill out an online evaluation after the meeting
- Anyone at any stage of their career in the ESS community can apply to become a mentor.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be attending the conference. All participants must fill out an online application and provide proof of meeting registration.
- To ensure an inclusive and secure mentoring environment, all applicants will be screened and may be verified through a background check that is at no charge for applicants.