How to Join
Be a leader for the next generation
Get support while kickstarting your career
Mentors provide guidance to students and professionals in the Earth and space sciences (ESS). Mentoring365 welcomes mentors at any career stage—from post docs to senior scientists—and in positions ranging from academia to the private sector.
Students and early-career professionals can become mentees and connect with more than 500 professionals in the Earth and space sciences (ESS) who are ready to help you and your career thrive at any stage.
Customize your experience by choosing to engage virtually or in-person, in a single session or long-term.
How to Join
1. Build Your Profile
Begin by signing up, register as a mentor, mentee, or both. Then build your profile with what you want to learn, what advice you can provide, and some fun facts about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!
2. Find Your Match
Mentees send the first invite! Mentees can search through recommended mentors and filter by language, interests and more.
Mentors will receive mentorship requests and be able to view the profiles of the requesting mentees. Mentors can then choose to accept the connection.
3. Your Mentorship Plan
The Mentoring365 Connection Plan guides mentors and mentees through their relationship making it easy to meet your goals. The plan helps keep you and your mentoring partner organized and on track so you can focus on your connection! A variety of free resources are also available on the platform which members can access at any time.
Why Become a Mentor?
- Become a better leader
- Pay it forward by lifting up the next generation
- Expand your influence and community
- Gain a new perspective
Why Become a Mentee?
- Kickstart your career
- Develop new skills
- Expand your community and network
- Get advice and support from trusted professionals
- Choose 1-time or 3-month mentorships
- Honor all commitments and respond in a timely manner. We encourage at least 1 hour of support per month
- Mentors and mentees can set their own availability throughout the year
- Participants can become mentors, mentees, or both. Learn and lead at all points during your career!
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Any professional in the ESS community can apply to become a mentor.
- Current members of Mentoring365 partner societies are strongly encouraged to apply.
- To ensure an inclusive and secure mentoring environment, all mentor applicants will be screened. Partner societies will assure their member is in good standing; all other applicants will be verified through a background check that is at no charge for applicants.