Be a leader for the next generation
Mentors provide guidance to students and professionals in the Earth and space sciences (ESS). Mentoring365 welcomes mentors at any career stage—from post docs to senior scientists—and in positions ranging from academia to the private sector.
Mentors can customize their experience by choosing to engage virtually or in-person, in a single session or long-term.
Why Become a Mentor?
- Develop leadership skills
- Pay it forward by lifting up the next generation
- Expand your community and influence
- Choose 1-time or 3-month mentorships
- At least 1 hour of support per month
- Mentors can set their own availability through the year
- Mentors can also sign up as mentees. Learn and lead at all points during your career!
- Any professional in the ESS community can apply to become a mentor.
- Current members of Mentoring365 partner organizations are strongly encouraged to apply.
- To ensure an inclusive and secure mentoring environment, all mentor applicants will be screened. Partner organizations will assure their member is in good standing; all other applicants will be verified through a background check that is at no charge for applicants.